March Mania Challenge is an effort by the staff, staff alumni, and friends of The Anchorage to raise funds for projects essential to our camping program. By raising their own support, staff members will lace up their running and walking shoes and pump up their bicycle tires and log as many miles as they can during the month of March to help reach our goal.
Here is a look at the leader boards for both the Running/Walking and the Biking events:
Since the first year this fundraiser began in 2007, we have seen the Lord miraculously provide over $135,000 for the camp! This year is our 10th annual Challenge and our goal is to raise $22,500 to give the gymnasium a makeover. This includes refinishing the floor, replacing two HVAC units, and replacing the safety harnesses for the climbing wall. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your involvement is vital to the success of the fundraiser, so we ask you to get involved and find others who can participate as well! To give you an idea of what we will need this year, look at it this way: we would need 45 participants raising $500 each. This is certainly a goal that can be reached, but we can’t do it without lots of participation!
Each participant will raise his/her own support by finding family and friends to sponsor him/her by the mile. The average March Maniac runs/walks/bikes/swims 54.3 miles for $5.61 per mile, just so you know approximately what you’ll need to do to raise as much as possible. So, what do you say? Are you up for the Challenge? Keep in mind that you do not have to run all of these miles at once. You have the entire month of March to get in these miles.
As participants, I want you to enjoy this experience as much as possible. Therefore, everyone that participates will receive a Challenge tech shirt. We will also give a T-shirt to the friends and family who sponsor you for at least $25. There will be prizes for the top runners/walkers (male & female) in each age category (listed below). And, the overall male and female runners will receive a new pair of running shoes. We will have prizes for the top three cyclists overall. We will also offer a prize to the “Challenger” who raises the most money. The individual awards will be based on mileage.
If you are willing to take the Challenge, then this is what you need to do…
- Determine how many miles you think you can run, walk, or ride in March. (Each participant should try to raise at least $250.)
- Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you intend to take on the Challenge. Please include:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Number of miles you intend to run, walk, or ride.
- Find friends & family who will “sponsor” you on a per mile basis. (Keep in mind that some people may rather donate a particular dollar amount instead of paying per mile.)
Once we have received your e-mail, we will send more information to you that you can use to recruit sponsors and also to track your individual sponsorships.
If you love the idea of the Challenge (or you just love the Anchorage!), and you would like to participate in a less strenuous way, you can send a donation. Please designate the donation for the “Challenge.”
Fine Print (please read):
- The Challenge is open to all Anchorage staff , staff alumni, and friends of the Anchorage as well as their spouses and children.
- Your goal should be to raise at least $250.
- In order to qualify for the individual awards/prizes, you must run/walk a minimum of 20 miles. Note: There is no minimum for the for youngest & oldest age categories.
- The age categories are as follows: 7 & under, 8-12, 13-17, 18-23, 24-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55 & up.
- Every one who sponsors you for at least $25 will receive a T-shirt.
- Runners and walkers will be competing against one another for the individual prizes. Cyclists must ride a minimum of 40 miles to qualify for a prize.
Download your ’17 March Mania Sponsor Form here!