March Mania Challenge is an effort by the staff, staff alumni, and friends of The Anchorage to raise funds for projects essential to our camping program. By raising their own support, staff members will engage in a fitness activity of their choosing, endeavoring to log as many miles, reps, minutes, etc. as they can to raise their support!
Here is a look at the leader boards for both the Running/Walking and the Biking events:
Since the first year this fundraiser began in 2007, we have seen the Lord miraculously provide over $140,000 for the camp! This year is our 11th annual Challenge and our goal is to raise the funds to build a coffee bar! For the past few years, we have seen the need and desire for a specialty coffee bar in our Snack Shop. We especially would like to incorporate this into our adult retreats and camps. To get the necessary equipment and structure built, we are looking to raise $8,000. We believe integrating this into the Anchorage Camp experience will be not only new and exciting, but an additional area of ministry and fellowship.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Your involvement is vital to the success of the fundraiser, so we ask you to get involved and find others who can participate as well! To give you an idea of what would help us reach our goal we would need 30 participants raising $250 each. This is certainly a goal that can be reached, but we can’t do it without lots of participation!
There will be prizes for the top runners/walkers (male & female) in each age category (listed below). And, the overall male and female runners will receive a new pair of running shoes. The individual awards will be based on mileage. We will have prizes for the top three cyclists overall. For the “Maniacs” doing special activities, we will award a prize based on the amount of money raised.
If you are willing to take the Challenge, then this is what you need to do…
- Determine how many miles you think you can run, walk, or ride in March OR how much of your activity you intend to do. (Each participant should try to raise at least $250.)
- Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you intend to take on the Challenge. Please include:
- Your name
- Date of birth (please include year–we won’t tell..promise!)
- Number of miles you intend to run, walk, or ride or how many reps/minutes you intend to do.
- Find friends & family who will “sponsor” you on a per mile/rep basis. (Keep in mind that some people may rather donate a particular dollar amount instead of paying per mile/rep.)
Once we have received your e-mail, we will send more information to you that you can use to recruit sponsors and also to track your individual sponsorships.
If you love the idea of the Challenge (or you just love the Anchorage!), and you would like to participate in a less strenuous way, you can send a donation. Please designate the donation for the “Challenge.”
Fine Print (please read):
- The Challenge is open to all Anchorage staff , staff alumni, and friends of the Anchorage as well as their spouses and children.
- Your goal should be to raise at least $250.
- In order to qualify for the individual awards/prizes, you must run/walk a minimum of 20 miles. Note: There is no minimum for the for youngest & oldest age categories.
- The age categories are as follows: 7 & under, 8-12, 13-17, 18-23, 24-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55 & up.
- Every one who sponsors you for at least $25 will have the option of a T-shirt or a free beverage from the new coffee bar (t-shirt order info must be submitted by April 15).
- Runners and walkers will be competing against one another for the individual prizes. Cyclists must ride a minimum of 40 miles to qualify for a prize. Unique activities must raise at least $200 to qualify for a prize.
Download your 2018 March Mania Sponsor Form here!